This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.
|| Travel & Accommodation|
- Fascinating Elephant Show at the Chiang Dao Elephant Training Center. (Traditional logging skills demonstrated, not circus style.)
- 1 1/2 hour elephant trek through beautiful forest to a Lisu Village
- Bamboo rafting down the Ping River
- Amazing Thai / Northern Thai Lunch at Chiang Dao Nest 2
- Explore the famous Chiang Dao Cave
- Visit a local market
This popular day tour is based around the Chiang Dao area, which is famed for it's natural beauty.
|Availability: - Private tours available daily. Non-Private Group Tours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays|
|Private Tours and Non-Private Group Tours|
|Departs from: Chiang Mai|
|Suitable for all. Minimal exercise involved.|
- Transport to and from your Chiang Mai Hotel or Guest House in an air-conditioned minibus / minivan. If your accommodation is far from the centre of Chiang Mai there may be an additional charge for transport. This will be confirmed when you inform us of your pick-up location.
- English speaking, experienced, friendly, knowledgeable and officially registered guide. (maximum of 8 people per guide)
- Entrance to the Chiang Dao Elephant Training Center
- 1 1/2 hour elephant ride at the Chiang Dao Elephant Training Center (based on two people sharing an elephant)
- Approx. 55mins bamboo raft (based on three people sharing a raft) N.B. The length of time on the raft varies depending on the speed that the river is flowing. At the height of the dry season (March/April) if the river is not at a suitable level we may substitute the bamboo rafting with visiting another attraction or doing another activity.
- Thai and Northern Thai Lunch at Chiang Dao Nest 2, fine dining in a spectacular loction (please specify any special food requirements when booking, thanks)
- 20 Baht per person donation to the school next to Chiang Dao Cave (this school provides an education for the poor children from this area. They often struggle to have enough funds for a decent lunch. Many of the students are from the Lisu hilltribe villages in the surrounding mountains, whose families have very little.)
- Entrance to Chiang Dao Cave
- Guide(s) with lanterns for inside the cave.
Price does not include
Insurance - please make sure that you are adequately covered.
Dessert - Chiang Dao Nest 2 has some tempting desserts!
Additional Donation to the school.
|Customer Review |
"just a quick note to thank to you and your staff for a memorable excursion today, I really enjoyed it so much. Both the elephant ride and the rafting were real opportunities to get close to nature around Chiang Dao area I was glad to have survived the hermits cave and our lunch lived up to the promise on your website. The whole trip offered fantastic value and a special thanks to our guide who could not have done more to have helped make the day memorable" . James, UK
|Booking & Payment |
Please click the link below for our booking form. We will then confirm availability, and forward details of how to pay.