Chiang Dao Nest Food
"The best European cuisine in North Thailand" C. Hilsdonk - Resident Expat and former Restaurateur
"Quality normally only found in five star hotels" - Bangkok Post
Guide to Wining, Dining, Pubbing & Clubbing, Chiang Mai - 2nd
edition - Published 2004
" Chiang Dao Nest Mini Resort
Stunning natural setting and amazing cuisine. The menu at this little gem just beyond Chiang Dao Cave changes daily but some favourites include pumpkin and orange soup with homemade bread, buffalo fillet served with cracked peppercorn and red wine sauce, homemade pasta/lasagne dishes and hot chocolate soufflé .... well worth the 1 hour drive, alternatively you can just stay the night in one of their bungalows!"
|24th April 2004|
".. one of the Chiang Mai area’s best
kept secrets: .. Chiang Dao Nest .. a charming little guesthouse
and restaurant.. surrounded by lush, unspoilt nature.. quiet and
peaceful .. (for many) Food is the main attraction, Wicha's cooking
is a veritable “Babette's Feast”. (she makes her own)
pates, .., cakes and breads, and creates exquisite three-course
dinners ... Guests are drawn to the Chiang Dao Nest by Wicha's kitchen
magic " more
|About Chiang Dao Nest
Chiang Dao Nest has a very good, and growing, reputation for food at both Nest 1 & Nest 2.
Wicha, our head chef, is a European trained chef (see below for CV), and is chef most evenings at Chiang Dao Nest. When she is not present her training and quality control is evident in the meals prepared by our staff.
Served from 7pm - 9.30pm
This menu changes daily.
We like to use fresh ingredients, in season, and sourced locally where possible. Farmers and hilltribes in Northern Thailand grow a wide variety of fruit and vegetables all year 'round which means we have good supplies.
- Homemade Cream of Asparagus Soup 95
- Roasted Sweet Pepper and Goat Cheese Crouton 95
- Marinated Olives with Chilli Oil, Lime, and Herbs 95
- Pork Tenderloin with Blue Cheese Sauce, Crispy Parma Ham and Pan-fried Potatoes 315
- New Zealand Rib-Eye Steak (200g) with Roasted Shallots, Red Wine and Rosemary Sauce, served with Roasted Potatoes 425
- Paprika Marinated Chicken Fillet with Pinenut Crust, Roasted Vegetable Salad, served with Hand-Cut Chips 325
- Salmon Steak, with Saffron & White Wine Sauce, served with Minted New Potatoes and Veg. 325
- Herby Potato Pancake filled with Cream Cheese, Sautéd Pumpkin, Parmasan Cheese Shavings, served with Mixed Vegetable Salad 305
- Pan-roasted Duck Breast, Caramelised Pineapple and Cracked Peppercorn Sauce, served with Mashed Potato 315
- Devil's Food Chocolate Cake with Hot Chocolate Sauce 95
- Homemade Apple Tart, served with Ice Cream 95
- Crême Brullée 95
- Prices are not subject to any additional charges
- Please note that the kitchen will not be open after 5pm on Thursday evenings for starters or main course but we will be having a special Big Barbecue each Thursday (details below). Desserts will still be available.
- Please note that if you looking forward to eating Wicha's fantastic cuisine in the evening, it is worth ringing in advance to check a) that Wicha is cooking b) that there is table availability. Tel. 053 465612 or 0860 171985
Served from 10am - 5pm
Wicha and her team of Chefs are now able to offer fine dining during the day from the selection on our A' La Carte Menu. Again it is worth contacting us in advance / enroute to confirm availability.
Every Thursday the kitchen will close at 5pm and our staff will be busy preparing a Big Barbecue - All you can eat for 375 Baht, including fine meats and fish, with vegetarians catered for too.
Big Barbecue Thursday Menu*
- Mini Chicken Drumstick marinated with whole grain mustard and honey
- Masala marinated Pork Loin
- Buffalo with black peppercorns
- Salmon Steak
- Fish fillet with lemongrass and shallots wrapped in banana leaves
- Seasonal Grilled vegetables (pumpkin, aubergine, tomato with mozzarella, onion, sweet yam, corn on the cob)
- Garlic Bread
- Cous cous Salad
- Cherry Tomato Salad
- Mixed Leaves Green Salad
- Potato Salad with yoghurt dressing
- Thai Jasmine Rice
- Tomato or Mango Salsa
- Thai Spicy Dip
- Sweet Chilli and Sesame Sauce
- Garlic Mayonnaise
*Please note that there may be slight alterations to the menu on occasions, and often there is more than listes above, but the above should give you a good idea of what to expect and look forward to.
Wicha's qualifications and previous experience
Let us provide a quality lunch for your group
Fresh Bread, Homemade Cakes and more ...
Let Wicha & her team provide the catering for your event / function. Has already catered for a number of events in Chiang Mai
Want to improve the standard and maximize the revenue from your kitchen? Wicha can visit your place, train staff and make suggestions to aid your business.
|20 Bungalows, 2 Restaurants on two sites - All with Amazing Views- please click on text above for pictures of Chiang Dao Nest|
|Chiang Dao Nest Testimonials & Reviews - Of course we think it's great here, but what do our guests, and journalists think?|
|Chiang Dao Nest Tours - Explore the Chiang Dao area with our full and half day tours.|
|Chiang Dao Nest Trekking - Special experiences await you ...|
|Chiang Dao Nest Food - Don't just feed your mind.|
|Thai / British management - about us.|
|Chiang Dao Nest History - The story so far.|
|Chiang Dao Nest Atmosphere - What's it like here, what type of people come here and who might like it?|
|Chiang Dao Nest Aims - What are we doing, and why?|
|Thai Massage - Therapeutic Pumelling?|
|Other Facilities - including Free Wireless Internet / Free Wi-fi (slightly unreliable but seems to be available most of the time), Mountain Bike hire, Laundry etc.|
|Festivals & Events - Whats happening, and when?|
|Special Offers - Check out our latest deals ...|
Directions - How to get here.
|Room Rates - It all sounds great, but how much is it ?|
|Chiang Dao Nest Contact / Booking - Ok, I want to book now.|
Chiang Dao Nest Mini Resort is situated in a beautiful, peaceful, mountainous location, 80km North of Chiang Mai. Maybe you can include us on your tour of North Thailand?
Chiang Mai Hotels | Chiang Mai Trekking | Chiang Mai Tours |
Chiang Mai Travel Directory | Chiang Mai Hotels | Bangkok Map | Chiang Mai Map | Thailand Hotel Reviews | Thailand Search | Chiang Dao Dot Com Blog | Hotel Directory | England Hotels | Hotels Price Comparison
|Chiang Dao Nest Mini Resort, Tours & Trekking, and Chiangdao .com are licensed by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, License No: 23/0735|
Thailand Hotels - Low Prices Guaranteed
Bangkok Hotels | Koh Samui Hotels | Phuket Hotels | Krabi Hotels | Chiang Mai Hotels | Pattaya Hotels | Silom Road Hotels - Bangkok | Koh Samet Hotels | Hua Hin Hotels | Koh Chang Hotels | Bangkok Airport Hotels